Introduce yourself here!

Hi @romanoing

Thanks for sharing. Loved the Manga robot in your hackathon presentation.
The re121.com website was a bit slow to load from Australia. (the joy of living a long way away).
I spotted a potential typo, the website has “DTL” acronym then defines it as “The DLT (distributed ledger technology)”

Great to have you here as part of the community.

2 Likes

Thanks! we fixed it.

1 Like

Hi I’m Tony from the US

I’m a new developer who has spent the past 10 years on the infrastructure side and wanting to transition to devops/development. I’m here to learn more about dapps, smart contracts, and development in general!

I heard about openzeppeling I think from reading smart contracts on etherscan. I just want to learn more and ingest everything I can from other developers. Would be nice to have some conversations with others who have the same interests in blockchain/crypto as I do too.

3 Likes

Hi Tony (@pantsme).

Thanks for introducing yourself :pray: Great to have you here.

If you haven’t done so already, I recommend looking at:

You can also have a read and add to: What are your top three recommendations for a new developer in the space?

Ask (and answer) all the questions that you need.

Also you can contribute to the open source projects of OpenZeppelin: https://github.com/openZeppelin/. My contributions so far are mostly typos in the documentation but I got to add some code to OpenZeppelin Contracts.

Hi! I’m NTP and i’m a developer using openzepplin to create smart contract.

3 Likes

Hi NTP (@NTTMai),
Welcome to the community :wave:
Thanks for introducing yourself.

What are you building with OpenZeppelin?

wow the reply is so fast :star_struck:
Thank you!
I’m creating a customer loyalty platform with erc20, just started working with Roles.sol lib.

2 Likes

I’m looking more examples about how to use the Roles.sol lib.

2 Likes

Hi @NTTMai,

If you haven’t already, I suggest you look at the documentation on Role Based Access Control:
https://docs.openzeppelin.com/contracts/2.x/access-control#role-based-access-control

You may want to consider:

Feel free to ask all the questions that you need.

2 Likes

Hey there!
this is raghav aka rags.
i have recently started to go through blockchain and ethereum.
i got a help from community and manage to create a token in version 0.5.0.
i still have lot to learn, being late entrant in ethereum/blockchain.

i hope to do better in future and i should be able to help others in community.

thank you everyone.

2 Likes

Hi @Raghav_Lyon,

It is still early on in Ethereum and blockchain. I started in blockchain in April 2017.
Ethereum was only proposed in late 2013.
I suggest reading top 3 recommendations for a new developer

The documentation is a good place to start: https://docs.openzeppelin.com/contracts/2.x/
Along with #general:guides-and-tutorials category of the forum.

Asking (and answering) questions is a great way to learn too. :rocket:

Thanks for being a part of the community. :pray:

Hello!

I’m Bernardo. Originally from Spain but living in the UK.

I’ve been casually learning Ethereum and Solidity for a while now (managed to complete your Ethernaut challenges) and I’m looking for new ideas and connections to become a full-fledged blockchain developer.

There’s so much to do and so little time.

2 Likes

Hi @bergarces,

Welcome to the community :wave: Nice to have you here.

Well done on completing Ethernaut! :rocket:

Feel free to add to:

Contributing to opensource is great, even starting with fixing a typo in the documentation or in the code.

Also answering questions and writing tutorials is a good way to learn.
If you see a question in the forum, feel free to answer. :smile:
If you would like to write a post, that would be cool.

1 Like

Myself is Mano from India. I have been learning blockchain and developing dapps since last year. And from then, I have fallen in love with blockchain, especially ethereum. So I have decided to make this my career. Am good at developing simple dapps using truffle and solidity. Hope my career and passion intersects :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, am a self taught full stack developer actively looking for opportunities. And am glad to be a part of this community!

2 Likes

Hi @manolingam,

Welcome to the community forum :wave: and thanks for introducing yourself.

Great to hear about your love for blockchain. I had a similar experience going down the rabbit hole.

I recommend (if you haven’t already):

If you have any projects that you want to show, feel free to add them to the #general:showcase category. We have had people joining the community looking for developers, so it could be a great way to show off some of your skills.
Also to look at what others in the community are building.

Finally, contributing to open source is fun and helps the entire community. You can start from as small as fixing a single typo. Contributions also get badges in the forum: Contributor Badges for accepted Pull Requests to OpenZeppelin

1 Like

hi all,I am a new learner on smart contract,nice to meet you here,you are all friendly and selfless guys,willing to know more friends here.

1 Like

Hi @kate_king,

What is the motivation to learn smart contract development? Is it part of your job, are you studying or are you interested in the space or something else?

Are you building something specific?

I recommend (if you haven’t already):

I want to be a coder on smart contract though I am not good at coding.
But I will spend more times on learnning it.

1 Like

Hi @kate_king,

Deploying to public testnets is a great start! :rocket:

Exactly,I am thinking about building something specific indeed,how about making an erc721 token for artworks?

1 Like