Solidity Hot Reloading Using ZepKit

Solidity hot reloading using ZepKit! :fire::fire:

Thanks @ylv-io

4 Likes

I followed the instructions in the blog last night and was excited when after making a change in the smart contract it automagically hot reloaded. Great stuff @ylv-io.

For any other new people, I missed the first step In your favorite terminal run the following commands inside your project’s directory. I often forget that truffle unbox doesn’t create a directory for you.

1 Like

Me too! Hot reloading is like magic, and smart contracts in particular are really complicate considering all the storage stuff, but with this it’s really easy. I’m very excited about this :smiley:

1 Like

I also tried this with later versions of truffle (5.0.17) and ganache-cli (6.4.3).

When I initialized the Counter npx zos create Counter --init initialize --args 2
I got an out of gas error Returned error: VM Exception while processing transaction: out of gas
I solved by specifying the gas as 6721975 (ganache-cli gas limit) in truffle-config.js.

module.exports = {
  // See <http://truffleframework.com/docs/advanced/configuration>
  // to customize your Truffle configuration!
  networks: {
    development: {
      host: "127.0.0.1",
      port: 8545,
      network_id: "*",
      gas: 6721975,
    },
1 Like

When connecting to your local blockchain
zos session --network development --from 0x22d491bde2303f2f43325b2108d26f1eaba1e32b --expires 3600

Hi,
I agree, the project is really awesome, but I had one problem. I wasn’t able to test. Is it only my noob side rising or it is not working yet? :thinking:

1 Like

Are you getting an error when going through the instructions?

Hey @obernardovieira! What was your issue?

2 Likes

@ylv-io I just couldn’t run tests, but it was right after zepkit was released. I tried again now, and I see that there are lots of stuff changed. It’s working perfectly well. Congratulations.

2 Likes