What are you working on?

Hi @coinmonks Crytofi looks interesting, thanks for sharing. Reminds me of a product that I saw last year in Alpha called TokenBooks.

2 Likes

That's one of the possibilities that Featly introduces :slight_smile: People can transfer their points (tokens) to other users or change for other tokens on the token exchange.

I am finishing the 1st semester at the beginning of July and the whole studies in February 2020.

It is a busy time - in particular, it's not easy because I'm sick right now :wink:

2 Likes

Wish you better @paulinablaszk

2 Likes

Great question @bugduino, answered best by @spalladino:

https://blog.zeppelinos.org/exploring-upgradeability-governance-in-zeppelinos-with-a-gnosis-multisig/
One of the main questions that pops up is whether upgradeability goes against the immutability principles of a blockchain. After all, one of the main advantages of building on top of a smart contract is having an unmodifiable agreement among the parties involved.

The key here is that these two concepts are not incompatible between each other: ZeppelinOS provides the tools to have upgradeable smart contracts, which follow the immutability rules guaranteed by the Ethereum blockchain. However, it is desirable to have a mechanism that allows all parties involved to decide on whether a contract should be upgraded or not, instead of having an unilateral decision.

Thatā€™s when another part of the big picture comes up, which is the project governance . Even though ZeppelinOS allows for an account to upgrade some of the smart contracts that comprise an application, that doesnā€™t mean that such account is centrally controlled. A project could enforce any kind of rules for deciding how and when to upgrade their code.

To illustrate such a scenario, in this post weā€™ll go through one of the most canonical examples of decentralized governance: a multisignature wallet (or multisig , for short). Keep in mind that this could be generalized to any kind of contract, with rules as complex as needed, depending on the governance requirements of your project.

3 Likes

Among other things, I am trying to grok the emerging ERC-1400 token standard, and could use help understanding how to deploy via Remix:

https://github.com/open-esq/Digital-Organization-Designs/blob/master/ERC1400.sol :pray:

2 Likes

Hi @Ro5s welcome to the community.

Suggest you create a new topic in #support and give some detail on what you are attempting to do and what problem you are facing in deploying.

1 Like

Hey @demibrener @maraoz what are you working on these days? :slight_smile:

Iā€™m working as freelance dev building an upgradeable contract for a DeFi project. Not sure how much I can share just yet beyond that!

I worked on the audit of OpenZeppelin 2.0 last year with a couple folks from Level K.

Iā€™m also working on building single-purpose native mobile dapps as part of the Tasit project, and we point at ZeppelinOS-powered contracts whenever thatā€™s what the original web-based dapp is using!

1 Like

Hi! As Zeppelinā€™s CEO, I have 4 main responsibilities:

1- Define the vision and evangelize the mission, both internally and externally
2- Make sure there is always enough cash in the bank to fund our initiatives
3- Be a guardian of the culture, defining and teaching how we do things at Zeppelin
4- Recruit, hire, and retain the very best talent for the company

Luckily, we have an amazing team that makes it easy for me to do all these 4 things :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for all that you do. It is amazing to be part of the community and to be part of the team at Zeppelin.

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:

When this question came up, I was creating ICO related contracts which was easy with OpenZeppelin but which was very difficult in order to fullfil the requirerments for the Vesting Contracts for Team tokens, that the customer requested. Repo can be found here: https://github.com/nucocloud/ncd-token (Token contract is easy, TokenSale more difficult and TokenVesting is much more difficult) ^^

Nowadays, due to high demand in Germany in particular and Europe in general, I have to create smart contracts for Security Tokens, following regulations of our government and other legal perspectives.

The umbrella standard 1400 and its successor 1411 provides some stuff that we need but donā€™t fullfull all requirements. Sometimes itā€™s to less sometimes completely different from what we need and sometimes with wrong datatypes or to less attributes.

I am highly interested to be part of a group defining a standard that follows all our EU based regulatories and laws and to integrate them into OpenZeppelin as base classes in order to donā€™t reinvent the wheel with every new projekt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

I am working on a conceptual art project called "d"ecentralized number. d is a representation of a decimal number, where each of its decimal places are ERC721 owned by its users.

Now I am testing the dapp on Rinkeby network before deploying on the main network. Until now I did everything by myself without showing any of the stuff with an experienced person. So I would be very glad if you people in this forum could do some beta testing with the dapp; I am not sure how my backend local server will handle the user requests, or if I did any technical mistake on contract or web app, or anything bad Iā€™ve done but havenā€™t noticed. Thank you in advance, if you are interested in checking it out!

The website: https://dnum.xyz

2 Likes

Hey, Everyone!

Iā€™m working on vyper.fun.

Stuff we build:

1 Like

Hi @vasa-develop,

:pray: Thanks for sharing.

I thought Cryptozombies was great, and I love Ethernaut so nice to see resources being built for Vyper.

As Vyper doesnā€™t have inheritance, is the collection of contracts opionated implementations, such as the equivalent of OpenZeppelin Contracts - Preset contracts?

1 Like

As Vyper doesnā€™t have inheritance, is the collection of contracts opionated implementations, such as the equivalent of OpenZeppelin Contracts - Preset contracts ?

To some extent, yes. As we don't have 1-1 feature parity (in types) with Solidity, we will have to make some opinionated ones :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have solved ā€œtoken not needed problemā€ a few times now and not sharing my designs even under a death threat. After my first project goes live, will be hiring at least one Solidity developer, who will absolutely prove that he is better than me, who will absolutely prove that he speaks Solidity assembly and delegate calls in his sleep.

1 Like

Hi @Solidity-Snake,

I come across a fair few projects that could be operated without a token. (Points to consider when creating a fungible token (ERC20, ERC777)). So it is nice to hear of projects that have a token that is required.

I feel lucky to be part of such a knowledgeable community, with great Solidity developers to learn from (including female Solidity devs :woman_technologist: ).

Yeah, some tokens could operate with native Ether just fine.

Ah, sorry I often forget about that. Russia is post-feminist, and it's ok to talk to an audience referring to majority. Business women, female politicians, naturally, without additional incentives. Soviets aggressively pushed feminism after they lost so many men in WW2. Today only some young women brainwashed by Instagram will see issues everywhere.
Of course, if a woman absolutely proves to me that she is better than me in smart contracts development, I will be lucky to hire her.

1 Like

Hi,

I am currently developing a ā€œfairā€ lottery based token distribution, using as much from OpenZeppelin/contracts as possible to minimize the amount of (my own) errors.

Whenever I am completely stuck, Iā€™ll turn to this forum.

@abcoathup is a great support, often giving valuable feedback on tricky things !

Thanks a lot,
Sven

1 Like

Hi @sven.meyer,

I recommend checking out PoolTogether for concepts on the lottery side of distribution (https://blog.openzeppelin.com/pooltogether-v3-audit/).

It would be great if you could share the finished project in #general:showcase