What are you working on?

Hi @coinmonks Crytofi looks interesting, thanks for sharing. Reminds me of a product that I saw last year in Alpha called TokenBooks.

2 Likes

That’s one of the possibilities that Featly introduces :slight_smile: People can transfer their points (tokens) to other users or change for other tokens on the token exchange.

I am finishing the 1st semester at the beginning of July and the whole studies in February 2020.

It is a busy time - in particular, it’s not easy because I’m sick right now :wink:

2 Likes

Wish you better @paulinablaszk

2 Likes

Great question @bugduino, answered best by @spalladino:

https://blog.zeppelinos.org/exploring-upgradeability-governance-in-zeppelinos-with-a-gnosis-multisig/
One of the main questions that pops up is whether upgradeability goes against the immutability principles of a blockchain. After all, one of the main advantages of building on top of a smart contract is having an unmodifiable agreement among the parties involved.

The key here is that these two concepts are not incompatible between each other: ZeppelinOS provides the tools to have upgradeable smart contracts, which follow the immutability rules guaranteed by the Ethereum blockchain. However, it is desirable to have a mechanism that allows all parties involved to decide on whether a contract should be upgraded or not, instead of having an unilateral decision.

That’s when another part of the big picture comes up, which is the project governance . Even though ZeppelinOS allows for an account to upgrade some of the smart contracts that comprise an application, that doesn’t mean that such account is centrally controlled. A project could enforce any kind of rules for deciding how and when to upgrade their code.

To illustrate such a scenario, in this post we’ll go through one of the most canonical examples of decentralized governance: a multisignature wallet (or multisig , for short). Keep in mind that this could be generalized to any kind of contract, with rules as complex as needed, depending on the governance requirements of your project.

3 Likes

Among other things, I am trying to grok the emerging ERC-1400 token standard, and could use help understanding how to deploy via Remix:

https://github.com/open-esq/Digital-Organization-Designs/blob/master/ERC1400.sol :pray:

2 Likes

Hi @Ro5s welcome to the community.

Suggest you create a new topic in #support and give some detail on what you are attempting to do and what problem you are facing in deploying.

1 Like

Hey @demibrener @maraoz what are you working on these days? :slight_smile: